Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Perfect School

A perfect school is a school that will let the kids decide what type of dedication they are willing to give towards progressing forward. That would mean by the effort they give that is how much work they would get  and they would have to finish the work. So if a student gave a lot of effort into working he/she would get more work but they might get other privileges also, it would be the opposite for the kids that don't try or  do not give that much effort into learning.

Also I agree with Ms. Latz with the idea of not having a grading system it is good sometimes to say " hey i got an "A" on math!!" but what about the other students that have maybe a "D" or a "F"? They would be going home with a lot of work that they need to do and on top of that they might have missing work they need to catch up on. So really their idea of school is "I need to get this worksheet turned in or I get a "F" they are really missing out on the learning aspect of school.

My final thing to add is the budget of our schools. I f the school was perfect then we would have a lot of money and we would have no use for budget cuts and shortened school weeks (don't get me wrong I really enjoy the shortened Wednesday thing). So these are just some ideas on what a perfect school would be like so tell me if you like it or not!! 

1 comment: